Book Review: Dark Matter by Black Crouch

Guys, I'm going to really brag on this book. I really enjoyed it. But let me talk your ear off a little before we get there. Wh...




Guys, I'm going to really brag on this book. I really enjoyed it. But let me talk your ear off a little before we get there. While watching Wayward Pines (#1, I loved season one, but season two not so much, and #2, if you don't watch it, you should. It's on Hulu. Check it out!) I saw on the credits that the show was based on a trilogy by Blake Crouch. So, of course, I looked him up on Goodreads, and saw another book he had coming out called Dark Matter, so I added the book to my TBR list, and then naturally, forgot all about it. Fast forward about a month or so later, and this cover and synopsis catches my eye on Blogging for Books. So, I request the book. Next thing I know, it's one of the options of for the Book of the Month club, and I'm just in awe by how fast this book is taking off. (According to the acknowledgements in the book, it's already in the works to be made into a movie.) Anyways, so I go to add it on Goodreads when I receive it in the mail, and it's already on my list of TBR. So, long story short... I was interested in this book because of Wayward Pines and actually chose to read this book because it had an eye-catching cover, which by the way, kind of blows your mind if you look at it for too long.

So, I'm not even sure how to describe this book, so here's the jacket description:


“Are you happy with your life?” Those are the last words Jason Dessen hears before the masked abductor knocks him unconscious. Before he awakens to find himself strapped to a gurney, surrounded by strangers in hazmat suits. Before a man Jason’s never met smiles down at him and says, “Welcome back, my friend.”

In this world he’s woken up to, Jason’s life is not the one he knows. His wife is not his wife. His son was never born. And Jason is not an ordinary college physics professor but a celebrated genius who has achieved something remarkable--something impossible. 

Is it this world or the other that’s the dream? And even if the home he remembers is real, how can Jason possibly make it back to the family he loves? The answers lie in a journey more wondrous and horrifying than anything he could’ve imagined—one that will force him to confront the darkest parts of himself even as he battles a terrifying, seemingly unbeatable foe."



So, you're thinking "okay, okay. I've read this book before/I've seen this movie before." But no, you haven't. You are wrong. This story does not turn out how you think it will, and the plot is not even remotely the same. I was so surprised at how unique I found this book to be. It really made you think of terrifying, dark things. It was so worth the read, and I highly recommend that you get your hands on this book, if you can, if only to read something different. Then, let me know what you think!


Have you read a book lately that really pulled you in? Tell me about it!







For more info on the book and its author, please click here.

I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for review.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete