Birchbox: October

I received my first Birchbox right around Halloween. I had ordered my first 3 months that week prior to Halloween and received the box withi...

I received my first Birchbox right around Halloween. I had ordered my first 3 months that week prior to Halloween and received the box within 3 days. I actually hadn't realized I would receive an October box, since I ordered so close to November. But I did. Then I received the November box about a week later (I'll review it soon, as well.)


Let me start by saying, how pretty is this box? I love it.


I was excited by the things inside. I received face wash, highlight, mascara, shampoo and conditioner, and a fragrance. It felt like a pretty good first box to me, and began using everything in it right away.


In this above picture, I'm wearing the Stila HUGE mascara and the Too Cool for School DINOPLATZ highlighter in mother of glitter. The mascara made my lashes truly HUGE. It's my new favorite go-to mascara. I also felt like the highlighter really helped my eyes to pop. I placed it under my eyes and on the bridge of my nose.



Alongside my sample of Davines LOVE Smoothing Shampoo, I also received a one-time use sample of the Davines LOVE Smoothing Conditioner. I'll be honest, I got two uses out of the conditioner sample. I really enjoyed the set. My hair has been pretty tangle-free and way less frizzy, which is saying something, since it hasn't stopped raining in Georgia for about 3 weeks now. I will continue using this shampoo until every last drop is gone.


Also in my box was a small bottle of Avene Cleansing Gel for Face and Body. I don't actually have anything bad to say about this product, but I will say it didn't particularly stand out to me. My face felt clean after using it, but it was forgettable. I actually forget to even get a picture of the product. I didn't realize I left it out until I saw the picture of the entire box. Oops.

Another favorite was the CLEAN White Woods fragrance. The description describes it as "bergamot, mandarin, and black pepper...magnolia, lily and vanilla orchid. Sandalwood, praline, musk and amber." Now, let me tell you. I will never be one of those people to smell all the different scents in a fragrance, but I really enjoyed this one. It smells great-truly fresh and clean. I don't want to use my tiny sample, because then it will all be gone, and I want to savor it. This is definitely a scent I could see myself wearing daily.



If you're interested in checking out a subscription for yourself, you can get $5 off your first box if you sign up by December 9. That's only $5 for your first box, and shipping is free! CLICK HERE to sign up.



xx,

You Might Also Like

0 comments